New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > DSP Site Information > Site Info

Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #46
jcdsmith
Been around this place

Photos: 9  Users Photo Gallery
Thank you, Kathleen!! I'm downloaded it onto my upstairs computer (Mac). Hopefully, after I it fill out, I should be able to save it to my flash drive and get it onto my downstairs computer (a PC). We never have been able to get these two computers networked properly. My friend's son was laid off from his techie job along with several hundred other employees so maybe he can help me get this network going and then I'll only have to update the spreadsheet in one place.
jcdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #47
Penny M
DET Alumni

Photos: 1,506  Users Photo Gallery
Thanks, Kathleen, I'm going to try your new spreadsheet. Love the first one!

Penny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #48
Penny M
DET Alumni

Love it! It worked the first time for me. The videos were a great help! Thank you, Thank you!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #49
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Photos: 286  Users Photo Gallery
Penny I was going to PM you to make sure you saw this, so I am glad you found it and that it worked!

Judy, once you get it up and running, let me know if you have any questions.

Visit the DET Gallery!
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #50
Penny M
DET Alumni

Kathleen, I even got all my 2008 purchases added tonight. I only have 455 entries so far!! LOL! I'll add my freebies and bonuses as I use them. You deserve something wonderful for sharing this with us and making the videos.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:45 AM   #51
jcdsmith
Been around this place

Photos: 9  Users Photo Gallery
Kathleen, I wanted to printed out the instructions at the beginning of the spreadsheet so I could read thru them more comfortably so watching the video would make sense. I think I get it but I spent the evening buying MORE stuff! I may just stay up and get the videos watched and do it again in the AM before I tackle starting to fill in the spreadsheet. Thank you so much - I'll let you know if I have problems.
jcdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #52
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocca View Post
Kathleen, I even got all my 2008 purchases added tonight. I only have 455 entries so far!! LOL! I'll add my freebies and bonuses as I use them. You deserve something wonderful for sharing this with us and making the videos.
Woo hoo, that was fast (which was the goal!!). I officially don't disclose how many lines I have in my spreadsheet, the number scares me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdsmith View Post
Kathleen, I wanted to printed out the instructions at the beginning of the spreadsheet so I could read thru them more comfortably so watching the video would make sense. I think I get it but I spent the evening buying MORE stuff! I may just stay up and get the videos watched and do it again in the AM before I tackle starting to fill in the spreadsheet. Thank you so much - I'll let you know if I have problems.
Judy, you posted at 1:45am! Ugh!!! Hope you got some sleep, and everything makes sense!!

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #53
Penny M
DET Alumni

Well, that was only for 2008, I have 06 and 07 to go. If I add all the freebies, bonuses, etc., I may crash the spreadsheet.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #54
sandygb
DET Alumni

Photos: 2,577  Users Photo Gallery
Wow Penny - That's awesome. I wasn't able to copy/paste from my store purchases. When I tried multiple lines, it put everything into one big long string when I pasted into the spreadsheet. Then I tried one single kit at a time, and it worked for one kit, but I haven't been able to get it to work with any others. It doesn't populate the correct columns. I ended up copying the kit name and pasting into column A, then typing the designer, then pasting the kit number. So far I have only entered my Jan 2009 purchases. I am using the free Open Office spreadsheet program rather than Excel, so I suspect that is my problem. BUT....It does work to populate the "pretty posting link" field.

sandygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #55
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygb View Post
Wow Penny - That's awesome. I wasn't able to copy/paste from my store purchases. When I tried multiple lines, it put everything into one big long string when I pasted into the spreadsheet. Then I tried one single kit at a time, and it worked for one kit, but I haven't been able to get it to work with any others. It doesn't populate the correct columns. I ended up copying the kit name and pasting into column A, then typing the designer, then pasting the kit number. So far I have only entered my Jan 2009 purchases. I am using the free Open Office spreadsheet program rather than Excel, so I suspect that is my problem. BUT....It does work to populate the "pretty posting link" field.
Sandy, you need to do a 'paste special' ...

Select your text from the download section of your order
Copy (right click, or ctrl+c)
Go to Open Office, go to a cell in column J (highlighted in blue)
Right click and select Paste Special
Select Unformatted Text and click OK
Click OK again in the text import dialog

Check out the video I posted here (in Excel). This is the updated version of the spreadsheet, so follow the same process about what information to copy and paste.

and for a previous video I did for paste special in open office, here. This is the old version of the spreadsheet, so the information pasting is different, but the copy/paste special procedure is the same.

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #56
Penny M
DET Alumni

Sandy, I'm using open office, too. I just downloaded Kathleen's new spreadsheet & followed her instructions on her videos. Works great.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #57
sandygb
DET Alumni

Kathleen and Penny - I did do a "paste special" and the next dialog prompts for Unformatted test, formatted test, or HTML. I tried both of the text options and had probs with both. I also pasted into cell column J. I also watched the video. Hmm. Wonder what I am doing wrong. I did notice on one of my January store kit lists that one of the fields was missing (link expiration date maybe?). But others did have all the same fields listed in the spreadsheet, but still placed the text in one LONG string all in one single row. I will go back and try again to see if I get different results. If Penny is using Open Office at least I know it should work!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #58
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygb View Post
Kathleen and Penny - I did do a "paste special" and the next dialog prompts for Unformatted test, formatted test, or HTML. I tried both of the text options and had probs with both. I also pasted into cell column J. I also watched the video. Hmm. Wonder what I am doing wrong. I did notice on one of my January store kit lists that one of the fields was missing (link expiration date maybe?). But others did have all the same fields listed in the spreadsheet, but still placed the text in one LONG string all in one single row. I will go back and try again to see if I get different results. If Penny is using Open Office at least I know it should work!
Hmmm is right!!!

What version of Open Office are you running? I have 2.3.

You might try HTML??? Are you using a MAC or PC?

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #59
sandygb
DET Alumni

Hmm. I am getting further along. NOW I am getting the "Import" dialog box which I was not getting before (even though I chose "paste special" and "unformatted text"), but when it imports, it places the text string for each line into the "J" column. In other words, the "J" column for one of my kit download lines contains:

Newborn Baby Boy Wordart 0.27 MB 38_W_NewbornBabyBoy.zip 02/01/2009 5 6978dsp

This has populated column "A", but no other columns.

Am I highlighting the lines on the download screen incorrectly?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #60
sandygb
DET Alumni

Kathleen - I'm running version 3.0.0 on a PC running Windows XP with all current updates.

Edited....I'll try the other formatting options...

Smile!