New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > DSP Site Information > Site Info

Old 01-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #61
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Photos: 286  Users Photo Gallery
And maybe post a screenshot of what it looks like after you have pasted data into the spreadsheet from one of your orders?

Visit the DET Gallery!
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #62
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Sandy:

Here is what I select in the store:

And does your text import dialog look something like this:

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #63
sandygb
DET Alumni

Photos: 2,577  Users Photo Gallery
Okay - duh....how do I paste a screen print into the post window????

sandygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #64
Kathleen
DET Alumni

If you have already captured the screen shot and saved it on your computer, then to have your image display in a forum thread ... The image needs to either be in the gallery, or some other online photo sharing site first. Get the location of the image. If it is here at DSP, click on the image in the gallery, and then with your mouse over the photo, right click and click properties and select and copy the full address/URL.

Then when you make your post, you need to insert the link in the following format:

Alternatively, you can click Go Advanced, and click the little yellow icon that looks like two mountains and a sun, and paste the image location in the box and it will insert the "code" on either side of the image for you.

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #65
sandygb
DET Alumni

I'm not sure this will help because the image is so small - but the best import format seems to be HTML. The only problem here is that I am getting the header info from the store screen. I even tried only highlighting the last 4 kit lines, instead of all 5. Even though the header is not highlighted, I am still getting it....and it is pasting into column J while the actual kit info is pasting into the remaining columns.....but all that info is "off" by one column.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #66
sandygb
DET Alumni

Kathleen - everything looks like you showed in your screen shot, until I "paste special". Here is a closer shot of the results using HTML format:

Old 01-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #67
Kathleen
DET Alumni

It is SO close! I'm stumped!!! The only thing I can think of tonight, is I use Firefox as my browser, and I am wondering if that could produce different results.

I'm off to bed, but maybe we can figure out how to do a screen sharing sometime over the weekend and we can sort it out?

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #68
sandygb
DET Alumni

That sounds good Kathleen!!! Thanks so much for your help. No hurry....whenever it's convenient!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #69
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Sandy, try one more thing, go back to an older order and try copy/paste and see what happens. I just did a little test (bought two things), and the download screen is different than others in my history. I get the same thing being off a cell!

I know there have been changes in the look of the store, and something seems to be different in the download screen for a new order.

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #70
sandygb
DET Alumni

Kathleen - Grabbing an order from Aug 2008 worked better. The columns are populating properly, except I am still getting the first line with just the header info in the J column. The remaining rows do seem to populate correctly however, and then populate columns A-G correctly.

I am using MSN browser. I'll give a try in IE. Thanks again for your help. I'm sure I can handle deleting the one row that is getting the header info.....

Old 01-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #71
Cathiemarie
Spotlight Nov '08, Trendsetter Scrappy Winner

Photos: 1,491  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen08 View Post
I'm so glad someone bumped this thread and it is helpful!

A note that might help ... carlalee posted this earlier in this thread:

"you can generate a text file listing of ALL of your digiscrapping supplies using ACDSee? Then you can open the text file with Excel, then using your spreadsheet get maybe 90% of the work done in just a few minutes."

I haven't tried this (already had all my stuff in Excel), so not sure exactly how it works or what you have to have in ACDSee to start with.

I find upkeep is pretty easy, and just do some copying and pasting when I buy new stuff.

Good luck!

~ Kathleen
I do what Felyn does, which is keeping my links to each kit within the TOU file. I did have a spreadsheet but found I never kept it upto date, but this method sounds fantastic so I'm going to give it a go.

I want to use the method mentioned by Caralee as I also use ACDSee and think this would be a pretty quick way to get me up and running with 90% of the work already there for me.

Did anyone figure out how to do that? Please PM me as I'm not sure I'll find this thread again. TIA

You totally rock Kathleen, so generous with your time.
Cathiemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #72
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Just a general update here ... it seems there are some changes in the store ... for example, if you hold your mouse over the "Important Links" section on the store home page, different lines highlight as you move around. Same applies to the download section, at least on a new order. This seems to be effecting the way things are being copied and pasted in not a good way.

I think for the most part, if you go into your old orders (not something that still has active downloads) it should work. Maybe a few issues with different versions of spreadsheet software.

We will be mostly in and out today, so I won't have much time. I will try to figure out a time and set up a web conference so we can see each others computer screens and try to sort it out.

Visit the DET Gallery!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #73
diturpin
March '11 Spotlight Member, DET 8, 9 & 13 Alumni

Photos: 497  Users Photo Gallery
also, remember when going through your old order pages that anytime you buy an Item of the Week (ITOW) it will have a different store # than the actual kit that stays in the store. Check your running list of things purchased and if the kit is not on the list, chances are that it was an ITOW or a Designer who has left DSP. You'll have do search for the kit to find the actual item number and then just change it out.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #74
carlalee
Addicted to this place

Photos: 174  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathiemarie View Post
I want to use the method mentioned by Caralee as I also use ACDSee and think this would be a pretty quick way to get me up and running with 90% of the work already there for me.
Hi Cathie - I originally got the "How to" for generating a file listing on DigiScrapInfo. I went over to see if I could find it again but couldn't. I did find something very similar though. This tutorial from DSI is for Tracking Credits with ACDSee PM. If you read through it, it does have the part about generating a file listing used for credits. Towards the bottom of the tutorial it tells you how to pick whichever fields you want to populate your file listing. I can't find my old text listing (i imported everything into Excel & must have deleted it). You can keep playing with the field options until your text listing is just want you want. Once you have the listing use Excel's import wizard to get it into a spreadsheet. From them it just a matter of tweeking things. I had started this list by hand before I started using ACDSee PM. At that time I only tracked my purchases. Once I got ACDSee PM and figured out how to do a listing, I used it to import all of my digiscrapping goodies (no more buying things I got as freebies! ). Kathleen's 1st version of of her spreadsheet was FAB but this 2nd one is OOOOO LA LA!!! I'm going to try & tweek it a bit to add a few things I like to track. Here's a screen shot of my primitive spreadsheet (before Kathleen's came out). You can see the catagories I used, modified from the info I exported from ACDSee PM. Please feel free to PM me or start a new thread & let me know if you have any questions. Have a GREAT day!!! -c-

carlalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #75
sandygb
DET Alumni

Good info Diane on IOTW kits Diane. In the past I have used a text file to keep all my "pretty" links and when I added a kit used for the IOTW, I always used the original DSP# rather than the IOTW#. That way the link would still be good after the IOTW kit expired.

If I could get the majority of my kits into the spread sheet, I would not mind typing the Kit Name, Designer and DSP# into the spreadsheet for my new purchases. That was what I was doing with the first version of the spreadsheet Kathleen provided and it was working great!

Smile!