New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map
Old 04-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #1531
Freda
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 1,056  Users Photo Gallery
Happy Birthday Grannies! Here is my revised first layout. http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...vised&cat=4116
Old 04-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #1532
Mars
DSP TEAM - DET Alumni

Photos: 3,814  Users Photo Gallery

Ack!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #1533
Mars
DSP TEAM - DET Alumni

Photos: 3,814  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybutler@mweb. View Post
. . .But I really want to wish our precious GT a wonderful 5th birthday !! How we have grown in these 5 years..the GT is now so much part of my life and my life is now so interwoven with the lives of all you beautiful inspiring amazing woman who make the GT what it is today ! I love you and am so proud of all of you..

HERE'S TO US !!! HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY !!! CHEERS !!!!!
beautiful birthday message your majesty and heres' to YOU!

I borrowed the 5 on your cake for my av.

Ack!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #1534
sandygb
DET Alumni

Photos: 2,577  Users Photo Gallery
DBL:

Charlie and Carrie

Old 04-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #1535
hoozieg
Feb. '10 Member Spotlight ~ I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.

Location: I would be unstoppable, if I could just get started . . .
Photos: 494  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm ready. Could you send it this way pronto?
We just got back from Bozeman and it was snowing hard between Belgrade and Three forks but stopped once we got past there. Now it's overcast but no snow. I thought the sunshine we had this morning would come your way quicker, but if it can wait until tomorrow, I'll give it a little push!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #1536
ebears
Aug '11 Spotlight Member, Joan Of Art

Happy Birthday Granny thread
Old 04-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #1537
PQ
Digital Elite Team
Team Digital Gallery Mod

Photos: 3,680  Users Photo Gallery
Bia's youth group decided to meet up and go to the 4PM show. So now not only did I have to go out in the snow, I missed Erica's chat.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #1538
Abby
DSP Moderator

Photos: 433  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygb View Post
Bwaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaaa. Hysterical!!!!!!
Quote:
Many of ya'll have already heard this story, but since we are in a story telling mood I am going to tell it again. I posted it in the Inspiration and Support Thread yesterday....

With God as my witness, this story is true....It was 1989 at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center in Orange, California..........

The nursing staff at the University of California, Irvine Medical Center was literally a melting pot of cultures. Communicating with the nurses from the other countries was extremely difficult because of their limited knowledge of the English languare. Everyday I asked the same question, "How in the he!! did they pass state boards when they CANNOT speak the English language?

One day one of the surgeons FLEW up to the nurses' station in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit, obviously furious. He said, "I want to know why in the f*** my patient's surgical wound is FULL of surgical gloves!"

I have to admit.....I could not think of one single reason why a patient's abdomal wound would be full of surgical gloves.

The patient's primary nurse was from the Phillipines.....she said, "I did exactly what the orders said." We looked at the doctor's orders....they read, "Change packing in patient's wound daily. Use sterile gloves."

Oops.
Ohhhh I laughed out loud at that one! I worked with many nursie type people .. aides, trainees, home support, etc. and about 80 percent of them were not English speakers from birth .. some of the things they did were absolutely amazing! You'd think in ANY language you'd know not to stuff surgical gloves into an open wound! Lordy! It's important that we all stay as far away from hospitals as possible!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #1539
Fulltime RVer
Sept. '09 Member Spotlight & Happy Wanderer

Photos: 904  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Snowing, snowing, snowing.
Not again! Sheesh!

It sleeted on us yesterday morning just after we were on our way to go check out the tide pools, but it stopped and the sun came out. It was sunny but cool all day again today. We went to see the sea lions on the bay front and had chowder and marionberry cobbler topped with Tillamook ice cream at Mo's.

On the road again in the morning but only about four hours north to Fort Stevens State Park with a stop at Tillamook for cheese curds on the way and then we stop for five weeks.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #1540
Abby
DSP Moderator

Photos: 433  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaCrys View Post

We're at 45F and ugly rain; but it beats snow!!!

I had the MOST wonderful day last night!! Awesome PQ, Sweet Bia, Handsome Andrew and the Occasional Doug flew out and spent the day with me. It was fantastic! Only, PQ did all the driving and chose all the places to visit (one was a college) and I kept wondering how she knew so much about my area! I think it was just her ploy to keep from having a meal at my house.
Ohh you lucky girl! Maybe one day she'll pop in and take me fun places too Hope you got lots of photos!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #1541
Vallie
Vallie of the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post

Wow, pinched this, it is so gorgeous!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 PM   #1542
Vallie
Vallie of the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustScraps View Post
thanks you gals for all of your well wishes and prayers. Lynn is feeling much better now and is really ready to go home. we know how much fun hospitals are and how we all long for them after we are home! lol hehe
Stuck here til saturday and the laptop is hard to use. I will catch up with you all on saturday/monday.
Hope everyone else is well and prayers and hugs to those in need!
Glad she is on the mend. Such a scarey thing to happen.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #1543
Vallie
Vallie of the Shadows

Quote:
Doug said that he would need a lamp when he uses his kindle if he did not have the cover with a light in it.

I bought Doug a kindle cover that has a light in it and it runs off the kindle, so you don't have to plug it in or put a battery in it. I think that the cover was about $30. (The old kindles do not have the connections for the cover, so you have to have a relatively new Kindle to use the cover.)

Halogen lamps scare me.....I think that they have fixed them now, but those bad boys caused a lot of fires.

I have used the lights that clamp to the headboard - I like 'em.
Thanks PQ, I did hear once about halogen lights over heating so was a bit concerned. I didnt want a hot lamp peering over my shoulder, too uncomfortable. Maybe I should think about a kindle they sound such fun. So best to get one with a light attachment?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #1544
Vallie
Vallie of the Shadows

Quote:
I have to tell ya'll before I forget ---- it's snowing and the winds are howling.
I was just watching the horse racing on tv, and one of the runners was Montana Flyer! She was a dud though, too much snow to battle against I guess!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #1545
Vallie
Vallie of the Shadows

Gay Purrrreeeeeee!!!!

PARIS.
Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the the Opera, Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Arc de Triomphe, and Champs-Elysees. For a bird's-eye view, take the elevator to the second floor of the EIFFEL TOWER. An optional excursion to the Palace of Versailles is available, and tonight, a lively cabaret show might just be the ticket!
Closed Thread

Tags
bald for kay, friends of omio, grannies, gters, leaks r us, sticky beaks, wise old birds, wise women
Smile!