New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > DSP Site Information > Site Info

Old 07-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #16
AliceMattison
Alice in Digiland
March '13 Member Spotlight

Photos: 724  Users Photo Gallery
Participating in challenges and joining a chat. And, join the Granny Thread!

AliceMattison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #17
kaybutler@mweb.
kay sera

Photos: 410  Users Photo Gallery
THE GRANNY THREAD !!!!!!!!!!! ( I may be a tad biased )
Old 07-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #18
Fulltime RVer
Sept. '09 Member Spotlight & Happy Wanderer

Photos: 904  Users Photo Gallery
I've had little time (as in none) for scrapbooking for a while, but I always make some time to check in with the granny group.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #19
ScrappyAddie
DET Alumni
Member Spotlight June '11

Photos: 1,541  Users Photo Gallery
I started with NKOTB, then PQ invited me to Inspiration & Support. Then Debi told me about chats. Then Christmas in July came around!

Really, it was about the members here taking that extra step to get the newbies involved. It's about the designers and Margie being visible for all. It's about the lovely comments on layouts.

I think it would be great if everyone could take up a challenge and make sure all new layouts in the galleries get at least 5 comments. I'm going to start today!!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #20
sandygb
DET Alumni

Photos: 2,576  Users Photo Gallery
When I joined, it was not long before the DSP's big birthday celebration. There was an all day chat full of speed scraps and lots of fun contests. I actually won a prize or 2. I think the thing I loved the most was being "befriended" by Julia (webfrau) and MandyT (who was Mandy@netlive back then). They both commented on almost every layout I did, and a couple of months later, Mandy encouraged me to submit layouts for the Scrappies. It REALLY made me feel welcomed and supported to have "friends" from the get-go, so my idea is.....

A Welcome Wagon for new members. I know we do have some info and links that go out to new members, but it would be cool to have an assigned Buddy or Big Sister who could be a newbies own personal guide around the site, answer questions they might have, invite them to specific chats that they themselves will be attending, invite them to participate in a designer challenge, and promote other cool stuff going on at DSP. Not just an email, but offer a hands-on experience for new members.

EDIT: It just occured to me that my idea is very similar to the current mentoring program, but perhaps with a bit more focus on new member orientation more than a "how to" on scrapping, etc.

sandygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #21
Tusele
Always look on the bright side of life

Photos: 169  Users Photo Gallery
for me the NKOTB at first...then the inspiration and support thread. But then my LO numbers dropped drastically...somehow I found my way to the granniethread.. I love it there! so much wisdom, love, different nationalities......

cc always welcome
Tusele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #22
Marriedin79
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 268  Users Photo Gallery
Taking classes at DSU
Old 07-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #23
Marriedin79

Photos: 268  Users Photo Gallery
Participating in one of the day-long chats (like the upcoming CIJ or Breast Cancer Awareness or Birthday Bash).
Old 07-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #24
Jeanrx

Photos: 1,031  Users Photo Gallery
I have to say the chats. You meet so many nice people there.
Jeanrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #25
Christine
Sr. Designer, DSU Instructor, Wife, Mom, Utes fan!

Photos: 1,563  Users Photo Gallery
Lots of great ideas everyone!

Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #26
parky
Love this place

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
OK I am a relative newbie, and I stumbled across this site and was quite daunted by everything it, there is Soooooooooooo MUCH great stuff wasnt sure where to start for me it was

Introducing myself - lots of great welcoming comments on that

First LO - lots of encouragement as well

NKOTB - just completed NKOTB that was sooooo informative and helpful and I got so much encouragement with this.

Scrap Swaps July - just completed this and I was just so nervous but my partner Teetopper - Tane was so supportive and friendly and so many comments on my Layout was just fabulous.

Mentor / Mentee program - I have had just the best support again from marmain - Sara and we have only just started and been corresponding... All great stuff and so welcoming and she has some great experience I am so new at this digi thing after being a paper scrapper....

I did find the site quite large and a little overwhelming but I still have found myself trying to get around it.. I would love to join in some chats but being on the different TIME zone is an issue for me and I work fulltime so night time is my only time I can get involved or weekends... So thats a challenge. Looking forward to an all day or all night chat, then I hope to jump in. BUT I am so loving my experience so far and hope to become a little more involved if I can thanks to everyone Penny Mars, and the gang at NKOTB that was my real intro to DSP couldnt have done it without those people

Thanks Parky aka Lynn
Perth Australia xxx

parky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #27
shazzt
DET Alumni

Photos: 793  Users Photo Gallery
Don't forget to take any opportunities to meet in real life. DSP organises quite a few crops at various times - and you don't need a laptop to attend! It is always great to meet face to face and chat about scrapbooking with people who share your passion. Watch out for one in your area!

shazzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #28
Tusele
Always look on the bright side of life

Photos: 169  Users Photo Gallery
participating in swaps...

cc always welcome
Tusele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #29
ScrappyAddie
DET Alumni
Member Spotlight June '11

Photos: 1,541  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygb View Post
When I joined, it was not long before the DSP's big birthday celebration. There was an all day chat full of speed scraps and lots of fun contests. I actually won a prize or 2. I think the thing I loved the most was being "befriended" by Julia (webfrau) and MandyT (who was Mandy@netlive back then). They both commented on almost every layout I did, and a couple of months later, Mandy encouraged me to submit layouts for the Scrappies. It REALLY made me feel welcomed and supported to have "friends" from the get-go, so my idea is.....

A Welcome Wagon for new members. I know we do have some info and links that go out to new members, but it would be cool to have an assigned Buddy or Big Sister who could be a newbies own personal guide around the site, answer questions they might have, invite them to specific chats that they themselves will be attending, invite them to participate in a designer challenge, and promote other cool stuff going on at DSP. Not just an email, but offer a hands-on experience for new members.

EDIT: It just occured to me that my idea is very similar to the current mentoring program, but perhaps with a bit more focus on new member orientation more than a "how to" on scrapping, etc.
I love the WW idea! One challenge with the mentoring program for new members is that it runs on a 3-month cycle. We lose new members in the wait sometimes. If there was an easy way for a new member to sign up for a buddy as soon as they register we might not lose so many.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #30
PQ
Digital Elite Team
Team Digital Gallery Mod

Photos: 3,680  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by addielee View Post
I love the WW idea! One challenge with the mentoring program for new members is that it runs on a 3-month cycle. We lose new members in the wait sometimes. If there was an easy way for a new member to sign up for a buddy as soon as they register we might not lose so many.
Excellent idea....but it would need to be made crystal clear that the buddy system's function is to help new members become acclamated to the site.....if a member wants help with their layouts/editing software, they should sign up for the mentoring program.

PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Smile!