New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map

Go Back   Digital Scrapbook Place > DSP Site Information > Site Info

Old 07-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #31
Mars
DSP TEAM - DET Alumni

Photos: 3,814  Users Photo Gallery
I like the idea of a Welcome Wagon... how would we do that? We already check new member registrations and Lynnie sends them all invitations to the Buzz New Member chat. Designers, mods and members are good to welcome members that introduce themselves. Would we have a designated group that take the time to search out new members that don't introduce themselves or give special attention to the ones that do? Would it be something new members request/sign up for or would we just approach them first?

Ack!
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #32
sandygb
DET Alumni

Photos: 2,577  Users Photo Gallery
I was thinking of it as a proactive contact made to a new member on a more personal level. Not coming from DSP, but coming from a member who has been around for a while and makes the contact as more of a "Big Sister". I suspect that many members would not ask for a Buddy, but would be glad to have one contact them via PM and offer assistance. The timing would need to be coordinated. Perhaps wait for a week, or until the member has posted a few comments and is authenticated.

sandygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #33
evergreen100
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 1,023  Users Photo Gallery
I came for the tutorials...then NKOTB...then the GRANNY THREAD!! I love the friendships I have made there

evergreen100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #34
ScrappyAddie
DET Alumni
Member Spotlight June '11

Photos: 1,542  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygb View Post
I was thinking of it as a proactive contact made to a new member on a more personal level. Not coming from DSP, but coming from a member who has been around for a while and makes the contact as more of a "Big Sister". I suspect that many members would not ask for a Buddy, but would be glad to have one contact them via PM and offer assistance. The timing would need to be coordinated. Perhaps wait for a week, or until the member has posted a few comments and is authenticated.
I have seen quite a few who are trying to upload or send a PM or who sign up for mentoring before their restrictions are removed. I wonder if we need to catch them when they first sign up and not wait for the authentication process?
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #35
Meryl
DSP Senior Designer

Photos: 1,943  Users Photo Gallery
DSP is SUCH a wonderful community!
My top three way to get involved...
~ Posting to and commenting in the gallery
~ Being involved in the forums
~ Chats - a great way to get to know members
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #36
jmnodwell
July '11 Member Spotlight

Photos: 1,048  Users Photo Gallery
For me it was the chats... I was doing the challenges but not commenting on other LO at that point, once I started to get to know people through the chats, then I started looking at other's beautiful work...
Joni, SCD's Texas Lovebug (Beau) & Calvin, Emmalin Jane, George, and Clyde (meow & hiss)"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25
jmnodwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #37
jmnodwell
July '11 Member Spotlight

Photos: 1,048  Users Photo Gallery
Sponsoring a NKOTB too!!! I got to see so many new scrappers and their great work... the buddy list helps me keep track of what my "friends" are posting!!!
Joni, SCD's Texas Lovebug (Beau) & Calvin, Emmalin Jane, George, and Clyde (meow & hiss)"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed; those who help others are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25
jmnodwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 PM   #38
coyotef
Addicted to this place

Photos: 200  Users Photo Gallery
Saturday Night Live Group and the monthly challenges. I was instantly welcomed here many years ago and really learned so much about how digital scrapping works. Everyone was encouraging and supporting and it was always exciting when SNLers improved and moved up to become designers.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #39
mindir
Been around this place

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
I'm only a few months late but I figured... HEY WHY NOT?!?!?
I still consider myself a newbie and I try to get in on the interaction but at times it has felt much like double-dutch jump roping. I look at the What's Due all of the time but I am still trying to find my opening. Once I find something that I feel like I can jump right into I go for it! HAHA
I totally love it here and for now I'll just have to keep practicing and push myself to be on top of the different things taking place each day.
mindir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #40
Kathleen
DET Alumni

Photos: 286  Users Photo Gallery
There is tons going on, finding something that excites you and inspires you is a great way to get going!

Visit the DET Gallery!
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #41
PQ
Digital Elite Team
Team Digital Gallery Mod

Photos: 3,680  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnodwell View Post
Sponsoring a NKOTB too!!! I got to see so many new scrappers and their great work... the buddy list helps me keep track of what my "friends" are posting!!!
You are right, Joni. Sponsoring a New Kid during the New Kid on the Block contest is a great way to get involved.

PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #42
hlmbugle
Team Digital - Moderator

Photos: 760  Users Photo Gallery
A great way to become involved is to do the challenges here at DSP! Just complete a challenge and show us your layout in the challenge thread, and you will get to know people quickly!

And now, there is even MORE incentive to do a challenge!

New DSP Designer Monthly Loyalty Card Scheme Starting in October
Old 09-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #43
patriciaBB
Addicted to this place

Photos: 247  Users Photo Gallery
Challenges with deadlines that have BOGO/Freebie or, as in October, Loyalty card. Love those - that's what got me hooked (however it's the designs that got me here in the first place:-)

Designers that set up their next challenge when they send their bonus KEEP me hooked because I'll hop from the link and get started all fired up immediately ;-)
Old 09-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #44
patriciaBB
Addicted to this place

Photos: 247  Users Photo Gallery
Just an idea but why not give a new member a free standard small "Welcome" kit with a links to:
- gallery on what others have done with it so they can get ideas. Maybe have two galleries: "sweet and simple" and "wowzer" one
- where to ask questions in the forum
- instructions about where to post their first layout

That way they can see what can be done and have the links to get where they need to go to start within a single message.