New to Digital? Tutorials Shop Contact Us
Gallery Forums New Posts New Products Chat Freebies Contests/Challenges Calendar Club Digital Newsletter Subscriptions/Feeds Scrap The Map Your Timezone?
The Store
Tutorials Articles DSU Classes Mentoring Beyond the Layout Product Reviews Links Glossary
About Us Team Digital Contact Us DSP Blog Media Retailer Info Designers Vendors Legal Licensing Graphics Store Locator Questions? Site Map
Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Elisabeth
Team Digital Senior Designer

Photos: 3,328  Users Photo Gallery
Do Multi-Photo layouts make you go "GRRRR"?

Does the very thought of putting this many photos on a layout fill you with dread? Well, it does ME! Here's my thought process:

Me: Wow, I have so many great photos to scrap from that event.
Me: No problem, I'll use a multi-photo quick click.
Me: But it's SO hard to go through all these photos!
Me: *sigh*
Me: I think I'll work on a quick 2 or 3 photo layout instead. I'm tired.
Me: Goes and does an easier layout.

BAH!!!! I won't do that anymore! My multi-photo layouts need to GET DONE!

Seriously, for over a year I have scrapped that way! I used to do multi-photo layouts all the time, but got what I now refer to as 'lazy' and my MPs weren't getting done. I apparently forgot that they didn't have to be finished in one sitting.

So, since I want company on this excursion, you are volunteered! Challenge yourself to do a seriously MULTI photo layout this month! You'll feel much better, I promise!!

Do you want an incentive? I'll give you one of my multi-photo quick clicks FREE! But then you HAVE to use it! So there!

Here's the deal - in the store, look through my quick clicks which hold a ton of photos - really, there are quite a few because as I said, I used to do those kinds of layouts all the time! Nominate below the one you want to get free by putting the name of it and a link to it in your post. A picture is nice but not required. When I have what I think are enough nominations, I'll put up a poll and you can all vote for the one you want. Easy peasy; you hardly have to do anything...

Until you get the qc.... *evil laugh*

I'm actually working on a multi-photo layout right now, using my Double Dog Dare quick click. Really the hardest part was going through my photos from the event, which happens to have been a Disney parade. You know I can't leave out any of the floats or dancers! Well, I have. But not many. It holds no less than 28 photos. I notice I added into the description of that product: Got an hour, a day, a week, or a year of unforgettable photos? Bring 'em!

When you give me your nominations, make it a GOOD multi-photo quick click, none of those wimpy 3 to 6 photo ones; they don't count! A two pager is fine and those are even better for versatility because you can use one page or both many times. But it's up to you! Now show me your nominations!

Even if you don't want to nominate quick clicks or use one of mine, still challenge yourself to do a multi-photo layout this month! There are lots of quick clicks in the store to help you if you need it! And here's what I do to finally get control over all the photos:

I open up all the ones I want to use but shrink them to the bar size.
I divide them into 'vertical' and 'horizontal' and 'square or possibly square if cropped' ones. I put the verticals on one side of the page, the horizontals on the other, and the square potentials in the middle. As bars, not as photos I can see.
Quickly I save it as a workspace. If my computer crashes I don't want to have to do all that again!
I count up how many I have of each orientation and make a note of it.
I find a quick click (or decide to make one, sometimes) that has about the right number of each orientation, and open that - usually it's a two pager so I might have both pages open. I might save my workspace again with this on it.
I then go down the queue of verticals - the ones that absolutely have to be verticals/portrait orientation, and fill them into the qc.
I do the same with the horizontals/landscapes.
I edit each photo as I go, as regards any corrections it needs.
I look at the square ones to see where they will fit after that. Of course, I sort of had an idea to begin with and might squash them around on my workspace to help me remember - like the ones that are vertical but might could go square - well I've left a vertical spot open for them if I don't have to put them in a square, so they might get nudged to the mid-section between those two on my workspace.
I save my layout EVERY time I add a photo. This is not something I want to have to repeat in case of a power surge that cuts my computer off (which happened a little while ago to me.)
I close each used photo as I go (decide whether you want to save the edits; I don't), so they can get out of the computer's memory.
I get all the photos added, then usually finish the layout with products at a later time. I save my workspace again if I don't get all the photos added at the first sitting though. If the photos are all filled, I only have to open the pages after that.
The point is to sort your photos however you want first, then fill.
On my example here - I have some side by side - that means I can choose one or the other when I do my fill b/c the photos are very similar. So I wait to see which fits the space better when I finalize.

Of course you might find something easier for you; this is just what I do. Let us know if you have another great way!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
PK
I live at this place!

Photos: 594  Users Photo Gallery
Oh Elisabeth - you are clever - and sneaky!!

These are my two nominations for which multi-photo QC I'd like to challenge myself to use this month

D- Elizabeth Weaver

Clearing My Desk Two Page Quick Click template

and

D- Elizabeth Weaver

Family Reunion Two Page Quick Click
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Elisabeth

Sneaky? Moi? Hows that?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #4
Sharon Lyn
February '12 Spotlight Member

Photos: 1,591  Users Photo Gallery
What about February Two Page QC
https://store.digitalscrapbookplace....oducts_id=9892
Old 02-01-2012, 03:32 AM   #5
Elisabeth

Good choice for this month, Sharon!

I finished my layout, because I couldn't stand to see it naked with no kit on it. But no matter how I upload my two pagers, they ALWAYS go into the gallery backwards!

Side 1: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...ide-a&cat=6096

Side 2: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...ide-b&cat=6096
Old 02-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #6
webfrau
Team Digital

Photos: 1,428  Users Photo Gallery
Modular Playground is a fun multi-photo design
https://store.digitalscrapbookplace....oducts_id=8762

and Poetry in Pictures is another great 2 pager
https://store.digitalscrapbookplace....oducts_id=8633

For a single page Heart of Shakespeare is a stunner
https://store.digitalscrapbookplace....ducts_id=15117
Old 02-01-2012, 03:50 AM   #7
Elisabeth

More good choices. I should add that if we end up with a winning poll choice that is only available in 200ppi, I will change it to be available in 300ppi before I give it out. I'll give out both sizes so you can have your fave.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
ReneT
DET 11 and 12 Alumni & December '09 Member Spotlight

Photos: 991  Users Photo Gallery
I'm gonna nominate I Heart You.

https://store.digitalscrapbookplace....1c3ecfb1c53077
Old 02-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Greenfingers
aka JillGF

Photos: 991  Users Photo Gallery
Yes, it scares me!
I really like this template: "Smile Files"
https://store.digitalscrapbookplace....717abefbb3c5a8
The use of 3 different frame types makes it fun and flexible.

My blog
Greenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
ebears
Aug '11 Spotlight Member, Joan Of Art

I love your multi photo quick clicks which I mostly use for my travel photos. I took 4000 photos when I went to Europe and wanted to use them all. LOL.
I nominate this one as I have photos ready for it.

https://store.digitalscrapbookplace....ducts_id=15135
Old 02-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
ebears
Aug '11 Spotlight Member, Joan Of Art

Elisabeth, when I was doing my New Zealand book I would choose all photos of a particular topic then look for a quick click that accomodates that many photos. I have added to all my quick clicks the number of photos, in the title.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
TracyMHunt
Digital Elite Alumni

Photos: 552  Users Photo Gallery
I really need a challenge like this, I set a goal of having my Europe trip scrapped by the end of the year(2011) Thanks Z!!!!

Eight is Enough is a good one, double it and it might be enough!

Eight is Enough Quick Click Template

I also like the grid like style of

Did It Ourselves Two Page Quick Click Template

I used this one in one of my first few scrapbook pages! DIY an Outdoor Kitchen (I need to do the follow up to this...we finished the fireplace!)

TracyMHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
webfrau
Team Digital

Photos: 1,428  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebears View Post
Elisabeth, when I was doing my New Zealand book I would choose all photos of a particular topic then look for a quick click that accomodates that many photos. I have added to all my quick clicks the number of photos, in the title.
For exactly that reason I store my QCs in folders by photo number. I have 2 page, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5+ photo folders.
Makes it easier to scroll through and find what I want. Since getting Bridge I also tag them but I haven't gone back and done my backlog.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #14
CarolAnn
Yay I can choose my name!

Photos: 415  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisabeth View Post
Good choice for this month, Sharon!

I finished my layout, because I couldn't stand to see it naked with no kit on it. But no matter how I upload my two pagers, they ALWAYS go into the gallery backwards!

Side 1: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...ide-a&cat=6096

Side 2: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...ide-b&cat=6096
Yes, what is with the backwards upload? I too, have tried every possible way I can think of and short of uploading them one at a time, they are always wrong!
CarolAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #15
TracyMHunt
Digital Elite Alumni

Photos: 552  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn View Post
Yes, what is with the backwards upload? I too, have tried every possible way I can think of and short of uploading them one at a time, they are always wrong!
I always upload them one at a time because of this. It would drive me crazy if my gallery was out of order!

TracyMHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Smile!