1. Start with creating a new file with the following settings:
2. Select white as foreground color and draw a circle with an
3. Go Layer>Layer Style> Inner Shadow. Adjust the settings
You can choose whatever color you like for the inner shadow
- it actually defines the tint of the pearl. Experiment! You can
use pinks, lilacs, blues or yellows- it's up to you. Now the base
of your pearl is ready:
4. Let's add some shadowing. Again go Layer>Layer Style>
Drop Shadow. Use the following settings:
5. Your pearl sure needs some shine. Choose a 45 px feathered
brush and add one or two strokes at the top:
6. To make it more realistic, let's add more shine at the bottom.
Select an ellipse tool and draw a circle as shown:
7. Now press "-" on your keyboard and draw another circle
above the previous one:
8. Rasterize your layer. Right click it in the layer palette
and select "Rasterize".
9. Go Filter>Blur>Gaussian blur. Apply the following settings:
10. Now say woo whoo with your first self-created pearl!